Reviewing and refereeing activities that are not related to conference program committee memberships are listed below.
- PLOS ONE (Journal) (2019); Number of works reviewed/refereed: 2
National Science Foundation (Funding Agency) (2018); Number of applications reviewed/refereed: 11
PLOS ONE (Journal) (2018); Number of works reviewed/refereed: 1
Below is a list of the various conference committees I have particated in.
- Program Committee Member: The 2nd Open Science in Big Data Workshop (OSBD 2017), part of the IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData’17). Boston, MA, USA (December 2017).
- Panelist: “Facial Recognition Software” Data for Good (Student Group). Terry College of Business, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, 30602, United States. (November 12, 2019).
- Bradley J. Barnes, Michael E. Cotterell. “Flipping CSCI 1302” In Flipped Classroom Meet-N-Greet. Center for Teaching and Learning, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, 30602, United States. (March 27, 2019)
Bradley J. Barnes, Michael E. Cotterell. “Computer Science in College and Beyond” In AP CS Guest Lecture. Clarke Central High School, 350 South Milledge Avenue, Athens, GA, 30605, United States. (August 18, 2017)
Michael E. Cotterell. “Functional Data Analysis & Tight Clustering” In Meeting of the Big Data/Data Science Group. Department of Computer Science, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, United States. (June 7, 2017)
I am the Program Director for the Computer Science Undergraduate Assistant (CSUA) program at UGA. an experiential learning requirement opportunity for students in the Franklin College of Arts & Sciences.
Member: CS Instructional Action Team: Department and Leadership Teams for Action (DeLTA) ; Part of “Transforming STEM Education at a Research 1 University through Multi-Level Action Teams” NSF Award #1821023.
Affiliate Member: Scientists Engaged in Educational Research (SEER) Center
- Member: University Council (July 2020 – June 2023)
- ABET Assessment Committee Member
- Curriculum Committee Member
A list of the professional associations that I that maintain membership in is presented below.
A list of various other service-related activities is presented below.
- UGA Hacks 5. Faculty Sponsor & Judge. (February 2020)
- Demosthenian & Phi Kappa Inter-Society Debate. Judge. (March 2019)
- UGA Hacks 4. Faculty Sponsor & Judge. (February 2019)
- UGA Hacks 3. Judge. (February 2018)
- UGA CSCI4950 Directed Study. Co-Mentor (with John A. Miller) (Spring 2017)
- UGA Hacks 2. Judge. (November 2016)
- Georgia Science & Engineering Fair (GSEF). Judge. (March 2016)
- UGA CSEE 2210 Computer System Engineering II Student Group. Mentor. (Spring 2016)
- UGA ACM-ICPC. Coach. (Fall 2015)
- UGA CSCI4950 Directed Study. Co-Mentor (with Brad Barnes) (Fall 2015)
- UGA CS Graduate Student Association (CSGSA). Department Liaison. (Fall 2013)
- UGA ACM-ICPC. Coach. (Fall 2012)
- Georgia TSA 2012 State Conference. Judge. (March 2012)
- UGA ACM. Vice President. (Fall 2008 - Spring 2010)